HRITHIK ROSHAN & AKSHAY KUMAR HIT THE BIG SCREEN WITH TWO SUPER BLOCK-BUSTERS, MOHENJO DARO AND RUSTOM
Bollywood fans can look forward to a super exciting weekend as two Bollywood megastars are set return to Ster-Kinekor Theatres from this Friday. While Hrithik Roshan stars in the story of an ancient world called Mohenjo Daro, Akshay Kumar plays the title role in Rustom – An Indian drama inspired by the true story of naval officer K.M. Nanavati. With both movies clashing on Independence Day there is bound to be great excitement at the box office.
Fans of Roshan will be delighted that the actor dubbed a “Greek God” for his chiselled body and good looks will make a welcome return after his last release – Bang Bang that released two years ago. Roshan also reunites with his highly acclaimed Jodha-Akbar director Ashutosh Gowariker, who also to his credit has movies like Swades and the Oscar nominated epic Lagaan. Set in 2016 B.C., Hrithik plays a farmer who travels to the ancient city of Mohenjo Daro, uncovering an important truth of the ancient world. The period drama also marks the Bollywood debut of Pooja Hegde and features the powerhouse performer Kabir Bedi.
Akshay Kumar fans are also hoping the actor scores a hat-trick of hits after blockbuster status early this year with Airlift and Houseful 3.Set in the late 1950s, Rustom is a riveting drama of a cold-blooded murder sparked by deception and betrayal. What follows is a historic battle that changes the legal system. Keeping the Khiladi company is Ileana D’Cruz who plays his wife, while Esha Gupta enacts a negative character.
There’s no doubt the clash is on for a lion share of the box office as the superstars team up with talented leading ladies and high-acclaimed film-makers for two movies ranked amongst the most eagerly awaited releases of the year. The visual spectacle that is Mohenjo Daro doesn’t take away from the gripping and well-delivered drama of Rustom.
From the musical genius of AR Rahman to the magical voices of Shreya Goshal and Arijit Singh, Mohenjo Daro and Rustom will make their mark at the Ster-Kinekor box office with the greatest clash of Bollywood blockbusters since Bajirao Mastani and Dilwale.
Mohenjo Daro and Rustom release at Ster-Kinekor Theatres across the country.
Movie Information: MOHENJO DARO
Starring: Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde
Director: Ashutosh Gowariker
Release Date: 12th August 2016
Release Sites: Gateway, The Zone, Forrest Hill, Sandton, Cavendish
Trivia about Mohenjo Daro
• Mohenjo Daro is an actual ancient civilization that existed in Sindh, Pakistan around 2500 B.C, around the same time as Ancient Egypt
• This is Pooja Hedge’s first Bollywood role. She previously worked in Tamil and Telegu cinema
• In a recent interview, Pooja famously called Hrithik her “Godfather”
• Hrithik Roshan was paid 68 Crores (Just over 10 million dollars), the highest a Bollywood actor has ever been paid upfront for a movie
• This is director Ashutosh Gowariker’s second movie with Hrithik, the first was Jodhaa Akbar
• Director Ashutosh Gowariker also directed Bollywood movie Lagaan
Movie Information: RUSTOM
Starring: Akshay Kumar, Ileana D’Cruz, Esha Gupta
Director: Tinu Suresh Desai
Release Date: 12th August 2016
Release Sites: Gateway, The Zone,
Trivia about Rustom
• Rustom is based on the true story of naval officer of K.M. Nanavati. This is also the first time that Akshay Kumar will be playing a Naval Officer
• The warships used in the film are actual Warships from that era
• The Story, Screenplay and Dialogues writer of the movie Vipul K Rawal is an ex-navy man himself. He was responsible for guiding Akshay Kumar in the Naval ways
• The movie is directed by Tinu Suresh Desai
• Akshay says that he is unfazed at the clash of Mohenjo Daro and Rustom as he believes that both are good movies and will fare well at the Box Office.
About Star Attraction:
South Africa’s Premier Indian Brand Management Agency – Engaging, Empowering, And Entertaining.
ISSUED BY: Revaan Raghununan